Monday, April 12, 2010

Our Homestudy


On Saturday we had our four hour home study. When she said that it would last four hour before hand Stephen and I both thought there was no way possible that it would last for four hours. Well I can now say that we were totally wrong! It lasted a little over four house. I had been talking to her on the phone so I knew that she was really nice so I was not that worried. Honestly I was just ready to get it over with. She got there right at 10 am. After introducing ourselves we sat down out of kitchen table. She asked us questions as a couple such as
* Why do you want to adopt?
*When did you starting thinking about adoption?
*Which one of us brought up adoption?
Those were all easy for Stephen and I to answer because we have always talked about adopting even if we could have our own kids. We have always truly known that we wanted to adopt. After finishing the questions together she asked us questions about each of us. She asked us questions such as
* Where did you grow up?
*What was your childhood like?
*How does your family feel about the adoption?
After that we talked about discipline and how we will tell our children about their adoption. We also talked about a timeline. She said that our home study will be done most likely at the end of June. She will be done with her part and we still have a few More things to do. But we will mainly be waiting on our FBI prints to come back which can take 8 to 12 weeks. She also said the baby that we adopt is most likely already in the birth moms tummy. That is so exciting! She also said that we can go ahead and start looking at babies that are due at the end of June early July. That is so amazing that we could be parents by summer! We also talked about sex and race preference. Which was an easy conversation because we are open to either sex and any race. Just a note- it is important to let them know what because it has to say on your home study what sex and races you are willing to adopt.
Next she went over all of our paperwork that we had filled out. That part was easy because I put it a three ring binder with tab dividers that I put all our paperwork in.
Last but not least she went on a tour of our house. She made sure that we had a fire extinguisher, that all the smoke alarms were working, and then she looked at all of the rooms in our house. We had to show her what room was going to be the baby's room and what our plans were for that. We already have a crib so that is the only things that was in the room other than a few stuffed animals and a hat that My mom and I had bought :) I think that is pretty much all that happened.
Stephen and I are both super excited and talk about it all the time!!!
I also went to the book store yesterday and looked at a lot of adoption books. I ended up getting The Idiot's Guide to Adoption because to me it had the most helpful info in it :)
Well that is all I have for today. Until next time love and baby dust!

0 comments:

Post a Comment