Friday, April 16, 2010

Update on Our Adoption Journey


I have to start by saying THANK YOU so much to all our friends and family for their support!! Everyone is so excited about the adoption. Our future baby is going to be so lucky to have so many people that love and care about him/her.

On Tuesday Stephen and I met with C to talk about her possible being our adoption consultant. It was an easy decision because we loved her. She was so nice and knew a lot about adoption. I truly felt like we were in good hands! We had a list of questions and she had all the answers that I was hoping for. She brought us many different adoption profile books to look at so we know what kind of pictures she needs and just to get an idea of what they are like. All I can say is thank God I have taken so many pictures throughout the years because see needs 80-100 pictures. After Stephen and I decided to use C as our adoption consultant, we completed all the paperwork that she needed so she can compile our book. The next step is for her to start sending them to birth moms on the situations that we want to present to.
Other than that I have been doing a lot of research about the different state laws for adoption and what all is involved in the adoption process. I have to say that the book I got the Idiots Guide to Adoption has been wonderful. I have learned a whole lot!
We have also been finishing our paperwork for our home study. We only have three more forms to get to her and we have everything done that we can do. Then we just have to wait on our FBI prints that normally take 10-13 weeks. Luckily I have a few things in the works to try and speed that up so we will see what happens!! Keep your fingers crossed. The sooner we get those prints back the sooner we can be parents :)I am getting more excited by the day and so is Stephen. I have been busy looking at bedding and other things for the baby. It is so awesome to think that we could be parents in the next couple of months!
I think that is all the news I have right now so until next time Love and baby dust!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment